- Fort Lauderdale, FL, US
- Junior, Mid-Level
- $ 60,000 - 100,000
- star_border Transparent Communication- Regular All Team Meetings
- star_border Open PTO - Flexible time off
- star_border Mac Environment
- star_border Continuing Education Stipend
- star_border Company hosted and sponsored events
- star_border Stock options
- star_border Flexible Fridays
We’re seeking a Mobile Software Engineer. You’ll join a small technical team and leverage your knowledge to design, implement and maintain our Apps, Web Services and UI’s. This role includes leveraging the best of open source technologies in a Linux-based environment, along with AWS cloud computing, and a proprietary distributed search and computing platform. As a Mobile Software Engineer, you’ll help:
- Develop and maintain our mobile applications.
- Create feature-rich web apps & portals that work consistently across all browsers (Ex. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and all mobile variants).
- Make significant contributions to the Web Application framework.
- Provide troubleshooting as necessary in testing, QA and Production environments.
- Identify applications bottlenecks and opportunities to optimize performance.
- Actively participate in the design and development of the data fusion products.
- Collaborate with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally-compliant apps and offer valuable input on efficient ways to develop given functionality
- You will have the freedom to use state-of-the-art technologies and in turn, be expected to deliver a stellar user experience.
- Integrate with the backend services to deliver a smooth and great experience for the users.
- Improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participate in sessions with the team members and contribute your creative ideas to our product.
- Establish and adhere to the coding standards and follow branching and release strategies best practices.
- Additional projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Top skills/qualifications we look for
- Solid understanding of mobile application architecture, including MVC/MVVM/MVP patterns.
- 2+ years of mobile app development experience using one or more of the following technologies: Native Android / iOS Native, React / Vue Native, Native Script, Flutter, Kotlin or similar
- 2+ years of MVC, Web API or Web Services experience
- 2+ years of working in a fast-paced development environment
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – experience creating software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience debugging and optimizing applications throughout the stack using tools and ability to work well with tight schedules and rapid development cycles.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Skill in understanding and developing process flows.
- Strong mobile hybrid technology knowledge or knowledge of iOS or Android native development.
- Experience in mobile web development/responsive design.
- You have a track record in building mobile applications in agile environments.
- Willingness to take initiative to offer solutions to the problems, and ability to complete projects on time
- Experience with working in a dynamic setting, ability to adapt and willingness to learn new concepts
- Pineapple on pizza
Top things we look for in our team members
- “Team over self” mentality
- People smarts
- Eye for detail
- Goes the extra mile
- Always willing to learn new things
- Willing to take constructive criticism